BeauJax Boutique News / Homemade Treats
More and more families are making their own doggie biscuits or treats at home. Not only is it fun to watch your dog's expression as they are experiencing a new treat, but parents can't help but feel reassured that they are providing their dog with the healthiest of snacks when they know exactly what ingredients are going into their dog's treat. We found this wonderful, healthy, no bake treat recipe and it is definitely a "must share". They are easy to make and our boys love them!
The recipe contains all-natural peanut butter and the ever healthy and nutritious coconut oil! Coconut oil has been scientifically proven to improve overall skin and coat health by moisturizing the skin and reducing itchiness due to allergies or eczema. Coconut oil has also been linked to preventing diabetes and heart disease.
Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 cup pure, unprocessed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Silicone ice cube tray (paw print trays, which you can find in your local hobby or craft store or online which make this treat adorable!)
- If your coconut oil is not already liquid, place it in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and cook until melted.
- Add in peanut butter and cinnamon and stir until mixture is completely smooth and incorporated. Note: mixture should be thick, but pourable.
- Pour mixture into silicone ice cube trays and refrigerate or freeze until set.
- Pop dog treats out and serve them to your pup! (Store in an air-tight container and keep in refrigerator.) *For exact coconut oil measurements, we use 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds dog’s body weight, or 1 tablespoon per 30 pounds. **Start with about 1/4 dose of coconut oil and gradually increase over the course of several weeks so your pup can get acclimated.